Topic: Hi, new member but been enjoying mine for a while :)  (Read 384 times)

Offline Carmadsteve on: August 05, 2017, 08:24:03 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hi, so my name's Steve and I've had a red Paseo SI for a couple of years now. I absolutely love it. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't take great care of it but I'm slowly bringing it back to glory. I may hastle some of you for little spare parts to tidy things up! Mainly looking for a left mirror and the plastic cover that goes around the bonnet lock mechanism under the hood.
Anyway, glad to meet fellow enthusiasts, will post some pictures as work gets done.

Offline Galliano #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:03:52 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Welcome along Steve, make sure you get some photos up and introduce us to your car!

Take a look here about our meet coming up in September. Would be great to see you there.

When it comes to parts I should be able to help you out. I've enough spares to build another car if I had a bare shell. I'll make sure I've got them first and let you know.

Offline Carmadsteve #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:17:19 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hey, sorry it's been a while, I didn't know how to find the replies!
Great, I would appreciate anything that you do have, I'm also struggling to get the headlight assembly cleaned up enough for MOT. So if you do have any that aren't faded I'd happily pay to get a set.
Thanks
Steve

Offline Galliano #3 on: September 07, 2017, 06:44:17 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Has the car already failed the MOT? I have a couple knocking about that should clean up with ease. What methods have you tried?

Offline Carmadsteve #4 on: September 07, 2017, 08:32:22 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
I cleaned them as best I could before the MOT last year and it was still an advisory. I used cutting compound and had been advised to try toothpaste as well. MOT is due middle of October and I was hoping to sort them by then. I'll try cutting compound again before the MOT is due but I'm not that hopeful.

Offline Lost Cause #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:01 pm

• Paseo Lover
  • Don't break it Bren or you fozzie
    • View Profile
I've seen amazing results using wet and dry paper. 800 then 1200 then 2000 followed by a polish. I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it myself.
Must do mine one day...

Offline Carmadsteve #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:58:32 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile

Offline Galliano #7 on: September 08, 2017, 12:04:56 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
If not, if you're able to make the meet next weekend I'll bring a set along with me to compare.

Offline Carmadsteve #8 on: September 16, 2017, 06:59:30 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Sorry have been terrible at replying (lost my phone) anyway, would have loved to be at the meet this weekend but I've got work. Now I've joined three club and know about it I'll definitely be there next year. Hope you all have a blast :)
I'm gonna have a look at the lights probably next weekend and hopefully get them sorted. Cheers