Topic: Presenting Blue - Lost Cause  (Read 14617 times)

Offline Galliano on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:07 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
The title sounds somewhat like a 90s boy band song.

But further from this message I received from Andy, here is his build thread.

So Andy took this car off my hands in September of last year, and in honesty I don't think you could sell a car to a better person. First off the car received some general servicing including cam belt, then onto aesthetics, having a full set of mudguards, clear side repeaters and having clocked 150k miles, a bronze sticker from Toyota GB becoming part of their High Mile Club.

Yesterday came the big one though, after receiving bodywork treatment done by the same bodyshop that has previously sorted his dad's ST out.

And then, due to lack of patience for both of us, he has now fitted a set of TTE alloys from a Yaris.

And it's looking fantastic. Andy will be down my way in a few weeks time fixing a list as long as my arm across my board of cars, and collecting some goodies too. I'll update with photos as and when I can.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:59:30 pm by Galliano »

Offline Lost Cause #1 on: April 04, 2017, 05:11:32 pm

• Paseo Lover
  • Don't break it Bren or you fozzie
    • View Profile
Cheers for that galliano, I'll have a go at posting one day lol I'm pleased with the way it looks although the minor chips that I didn't really mind before now stand out a mile on the panels I didn't ask to be done so another trip to the body shop will happen as soon as I've saved up lol
It would look better lowered a tad but in Yorkshire the roads are in a similar condition to a freshly blasted quarry so standard height I'm afraid for now. I would like a lower front lip similar to rumface' s, any suggestions?

Offline Fozzie #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:37:08 am

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
Cheers for that galliano, I'll have a go at posting one day lol I'm pleased with the way it looks although the minor chips that I didn't really mind before now stand out a mile on the panels I didn't ask to be done so another trip to the body shop will happen as soon as I've saved up lol
It would look better lowered a tad but in Yorkshire the roads are in a similar condition to a freshly blasted quarry so standard height I'm afraid for now. I would like a lower front lip similar to rumface' s, any suggestions?
Bodywork is looking great now - much how I was hoping mine was going to look when I got it back!

In terms of front lip, popular ones are from either the Espace, Laguna or Cupra R. They're all flexible so people tweak them to fit and then trim them down.

Offline Galliano #3 on: April 07, 2017, 01:46:59 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Tom's if I remember rightly was actually a Megane lip initially, and trimmed to size.

Offline Lost Cause #4 on: April 07, 2017, 11:40:55 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tips I'll check those out, was hoping to stick to Toyota but I'll have a look at those. It's funny, I originally bought the car so I didn't have to use the bikes in winter but I'm getting all precious about it now lol I even park as far away as possible from the supermarket entrance so no one bashes a door or trolley into it.

Offline Rumface #5 on: April 10, 2017, 06:41:32 pm

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
This car is absolutely stunning! The blurple colour looks so deep and clean!

You've done it very proud indeed, the tte alloys finish it off nicely! All you need now is some lowering springs and a less skinny exhaust to complete the look.

Seriously though this car has gona back in time about 10 years since I last saw it!

Offline Lost Cause #6 on: April 12, 2017, 06:57:46 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Thanks for kind remarks, I'm touched  :') it's no concours winner but the little steps forward start to add up ( so do the costs lol). Just fitted a gen 7 (I think) steering wheel, black leather 3 spoke and what a difference, nicer to drive good cheap mod :)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:00:55 pm by Galliano »

Offline Galliano #7 on: April 12, 2017, 10:10:24 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
As said, I like that. I'm still trying to decide what to go for on Rhys at the moment - this has become a contender.

Offline Fozzie #8 on: April 13, 2017, 04:46:00 pm

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
That Celica wheel looks lovely, the standard wheel is pretty awful.

Offline Lost Cause #9 on: April 13, 2017, 06:16:22 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Japanese car night last week at squires pub in Leeds. Great venue with loads of space, cars and bikes there most days and no neighbours to upset which is just as well as the redline your car in neutral competition was quite loud. Not a big fan of doing that to my own vehicles but fun nonetheless. Only two paseos there my fathers and mine, we even had people taking photos of them and I caught half a dozen lads laughing their heads off at the size of our exhausts. Ours must have been the highest, slowest and most unsporting cars there lol

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:33:11 pm by Lost cause »

Offline bren #10 on: April 13, 2017, 07:16:22 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Looking good. Love that steering wheel.  Is it a straight swap from original?

Offline Lost Cause #11 on: April 13, 2017, 08:04:20 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
It bolts straight on and the indicators cancel but you have to fiddle with the horn and airbag wires but it's straight forward.

Offline bren #12 on: April 13, 2017, 09:07:53 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Sounds good. Top work dude

Offline Lost Cause #13 on: April 26, 2017, 07:27:36 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile

A few self indulgent pics of my si taken while helping galliano with his poly bushes. Unfortunately a few of his parts didn't turn up but a good weekend all round.  Met fozzie and got to see his car which is very nice and sporting some very nice bits indeed.

Only problem is fozzie has been teaching me about the jdm bits which all seem very nice but outrageously priced. Damn this cheap expensive car lol
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:42:59 pm by Lost cause »

Offline Fozzie #14 on: April 28, 2017, 01:22:43 pm

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
Was good to meet you when you came down!

You're too kind about my old rust bucket, but I am very taken indeed with yours after the bodywork - it's looking beautiful :)

Ahh you know you want all the JDM bits really, everyone loves shiney parts!