Topic: New member  (Read 7266 times)

Offline Jimbooth101 #15 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:56 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
It's very clean and we'll looked after, just minor scratches and bruises. And I'm on the standard 14 si wheels. Was just trying on my mates 17 inch fifteen52's to get an idea of fitment

Offline Galliano #16 on: March 17, 2017, 12:50:31 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Looking great! Liking the exhaust too, is it custom?

And there's nothing for Jap fest currently. We need more members before the big shows become worthy. This year will be the launch of the fresh new site and forum, so hopefully that'll bring us some more faces.

Offline Jimbooth101 #17 on: March 17, 2017, 10:24:20 am

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Thank you very much, and it's a custom back box, just until I get get a front to back sorted, but sounds fantastic. And that's cool, might be slotting in with the Celica club this year. Hopefully the new sites draw in new faces and we can sort some proper stands in the future.

Offline Galliano #18 on: March 17, 2017, 10:43:33 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Custom backbox or universal custom joined? And I hope to get more faces from all age groups onto the site, definately worth while as there are still many people around who don't really know about what they have. Should be live in the coming months.

Offline Jimbooth101 #19 on: March 18, 2017, 04:11:02 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Just a universal back box with some custom pipe fitment and welds. And yeah hopefully, would be good to see a good crowd. Fingers crossed the new website kicks off.

Offline Galliano #20 on: March 18, 2017, 08:38:07 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Ah top work, I've got the issue of a non genuine center section not mating with the genuine backbox too well, so it swings and rattles when the putty flakes away. I'm thinking of getting a universal backbox and having it fitted professionally just to cure that, but I don't want anything too loud of raspy as the car is my daily and mile muncher - how does yours sound?

And I hope so too, we've put about 3 years into it now of working on it on and off - it's well overdue!

Offline Jimbooth101 #21 on: March 19, 2017, 05:48:49 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
It's always an issue with putty, the easiest way is to get some pipe the same size as the one you got on there, and cut the shape you need to fit, then weld it up, just spot weld and test fit then weld off the car, we did from centre to back and just welded the whole thing and rtv on the c clamps. As for the back box we just had a universal strap which sit in one of the rubbers nicely. My car is fairly loud when you floor it, but at cruz it's just a little bassy. Not to bad to be fair. A very unique but racey sound. And that's a lot of work, hopefully it all pays off soon

Offline Lost Cause #22 on: March 20, 2017, 06:20:25 am

• Paseo Lover
  • Don't break it Bren or you fozzie
    • View Profile
There is a gasket that goes between the back box and centre section. Without it the clamp can't work properly and as you've found the putty isn't man enough. They're 5 from the dealers or 2 everywhere else. Mine did the same until I fitted the gasket/sealing ring.

Offline Galliano #23 on: March 20, 2017, 07:43:56 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
There is a gasket that goes between the back box and centre section. Without it the clamp can't work properly and as you've found the putty isn't man enough. They're 5 from the dealers or 2 everywhere else. Mine did the same until I fitted the gasket/sealing ring.

Ah... news to me! That might solve it then - I'll add it to the list of things for you to do next month  :D