Topic: Performance Exhausts  (Read 4126 times)

Offline Nholmes98 on: January 05, 2017, 01:55:43 am

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hi there, based in Southampton wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could get a performance exhaust from, looking for cat back systems but can't find them anywhere. Or does anybody know what other models might fit the Paseo. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Nathan ;D

Offline Fozzie #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:59:18 am

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
I would recommend having one custom made - Longlife are good if you have a branch near you?

I think I paid around 350 for my custom system. It sits lovely and sounds just how I asked - subtle burble but wakes up a bit when you plant it :)

EDIT: looks like your nearest Longlife dealer (https://www.longlife.co.uk/dealer) is in Basingstoke but you do have a Powerflow dealer (https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/dealer) in Southampton. Personally I think that Powerflow exhausts are a bit crummy, but I'm sure there are other people that would say they're fine.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:51:24 pm by Fozzie »

Offline Nholmes98 #2 on: January 07, 2017, 07:47:22 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Cheers man, found a branch not far from me. Time the Paseo gets a little roar ;D

Offline Fozzie #3 on: January 09, 2017, 12:52:16 pm

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
Sounds good - you decided what kind of exhaust tip / tone you're going for?

Offline Nholmes98 #4 on: January 09, 2017, 09:34:14 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Not just yet, going down there hopefully next week to discuss plans and price. I wouldn't mind something subtle looking but mean and lairy sounding :P

Offline Fozzie #5 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47:34 pm

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
Sounds like a good plan to me - hope you don't have to do too many miles in it if you get a real cannon though haha

Offline Nholmes98 #6 on: December 09, 2017, 08:38:25 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Update on the exhaust, using an 'EBay special' Hornet kit and built my own! Due to the Paseos age, it only has 1 lambda sensor before the Cat so I braved it and went full de-cat, routing down and over the back  suspension unit was a bit of a hassel but with a couple 45 degree bits of piping from the kit and home made hangers she sits lovely. I went with 2in bore stainless steel piping with a 4in rolled tip backbox. End result; loud, lairy and looks like something from a low budget fast & furious film. Pictures to follow🤙

Offline Rumface #7 on: December 11, 2017, 09:54:09 pm

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
You might end up on a film like fast and the furious by the sounds of it! Probably more RoadWars or Police Camera Action though.

Get some pictures up!