Topic: Random bits and bobs  (Read 4744 times)

Offline miss_vixxen on: April 07, 2016, 12:42:41 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hello all!
Sorry if this is wrong i'm new to these sorts of sites! I just wanted to know if it's possible to get any links to sites i could get hold of some things i looking for ^_^

I know the Paseo i have at the moment has car mats inside that fit perfectly with the little clips that hold them down on the drivers side is there anywhere i can replace them as mine are horribly worn  :(

I've seen other paseo's with 'locks' on the handbrake and gear stick as one item? Where can i get one of these? as the internet is not great when searching for these things i only found this site!

Also any ideas on body kits? mine used to have one but after it was driven in icey conditions and ended up see-sawing on a bollard the body kit was wrecked lol

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks - from a complete and utter noob lol

Offline Galliano #1 on: April 07, 2016, 05:59:24 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Firstly welcome Miss Vixxen. Would be interesting to see your car :)

If you're from the UK I imagine the floor mats you have are the originals, which do have clips and are ideal to the shape of the footwell. Being a valeter for a dealership in the past I've used various floor mats tailored to cars or jot, and have found it incredibly annoying when they are too big and ride up under the clutch. Therefore I treated myself to a set of floor mats from eBay. Sadly they don't have clips, however fitting some clips would be relatively easy, or as an alternative Velcro could work. Here's the sey I bought and they are great quality.
Click Here

When it comes to locks for the gear to handbrake, there are various anti theft locks you can buy, however the majority I've found clip round and lock around the gear lever, which in turn is pointless as you can very easily unscrew the gear knob and take it off without locking it - assuming that type of thing is what you're thinking of.

And lastly on the bodykit. If you're a UK owner the Paseo had an optional lip kit, front, rear and side skirts, but sadly due to rarity of the Paseo, expense of the kit in 1996/7 and discontinuation of optional parts, they are incredibly hard to source. Do you perhaps have a picture of what kit you had? With the potential chance that it isn't this kit and maybe an imported aftermarket kit from elsewhere in Europe. There are a few kits knocking about online but generally the easiest place to find them is Germany and Holland, again second hand.

Hope this helps.

Offline miss_vixxen #2 on: April 08, 2016, 12:50:38 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hi thanks for replying!

Those floor mats look great! I can't stand getting them if they don't fit and never trust myself buying the right thing if i can't see it properly first especially online haha ;D

Ah i didn't know that :O i saw one online and thought i't looked great but yeah i can imagine they are kinda pointless now i've put some thought into it lol >_< i don't have any pics of the previous body kit but it was simply the the skirts that you mentioned, i'll try my luck searching online some more ^_^ thanks very much!

Managed to get a couple of pics of mine ^_^ needs some work but it's getting there :)

Offline Rumface #3 on: April 08, 2016, 11:40:12 pm

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!

Cool little car the yellow ones are getting super rare nowadays!

The OEM body kits can be really hard to find and usually quite expensive, if you fancied a little something for the front you could fit a skirt to the bottom of the front bumper, there's a couple of universal skirts on eBay or you could try fitting one from a similar sized/shaped car. The one I've got fitted is from a 1997 Megan that was fiddled with to fit a Paseo.

Offline Galliano #4 on: April 09, 2016, 07:32:42 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Yours is actually a rare Galliano model,  one of 50 when new and only less than 20 left. Where abouts are you based? Would be great to get our two Gallianos together for a photo shoot.

I have a damaged Galliano front lip and I can also make the replica decals to replace on the side of the car if you're interested.

Offline miss_vixxen #5 on: April 12, 2016, 03:55:46 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Wow! That would be great! I'm based in Devon, there's a fantastic automotive photographer i know nearby too, he loves his japanese cars which is always a bonus ^_^

Thanks for all the info on the skirts btw guys, finding out more on this thread than i have in weeks on google lol

Offline Galliano #6 on: April 13, 2016, 10:03:20 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I've been an anorak on Paseos for over 15 years now... so I guess it's not what you know it's who you know.

I'm only up the road in Somerset myself, and go down to Torquay/Newton Abbot most Wednesday evenings for a retro cars meet if you're local to there?

Offline miss_vixxen #7 on: April 13, 2016, 11:58:59 am

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Oh cool! Yeah i am In torquay! i think the photographer i know goes to the wednesday night meets too :)

Offline Galliano #8 on: April 13, 2016, 01:38:11 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I know one has posted up but I'm yet to meet him... unless I have and I'm totally unaware it's him. I usually tend to take my black Si down with me but if we arrange something I'll bring my Galliano.

Offline miss_vixxen #9 on: April 13, 2016, 03:25:36 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
His names fred wonnacott? he does all sorts of photography but his automotive work is fantastic! If your down next week i'll see if i can get him to come along

Offline Galliano #10 on: April 13, 2016, 05:48:27 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I can make sure I go next week not a problem. I'll PM you my number to keep in touch about it.