Topic: wing mirror glass  (Read 160 times)

Offline Kokoro on: January 08, 2016, 03:50:36 pm

• Paseo Member
  • this is personal text
    • View Profile
    • kokorolibrary.net
how do you get it out?

pull and the bottom them pull down?   I have a replacement glass but I cant get the broken one out.  It wont move.  T_T

sorry if this is covered elesewhere, I only did a quick search but cannout find the solution.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAGGDQCkUPK/ 

Offline Rumface #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:54:45 am

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
Not sure how to get the glass away, but you can take the mirror off the car by getting behind the plastic cover from the inside of the door and unscrewing from there, might make it a little easier to get at!

There's a screw on the inside of the mirror where it folds too, might dismantle the housing.

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on.

Offline Kokoro #2 on: January 10, 2016, 06:18:27 am

• Paseo Member
  • this is personal text
    • View Profile
    • kokorolibrary.net
Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on.

We got it off, well my brother did, in the end.  The reason it wouldn't come off was for some reason it is glued on.  I didn't expect that.  The mirror should just be pulled from the bottom and it rotates out from lugs at the top.  I realy didnt expect it to be glued in.  Thick white stuff.

32 for the replacement mirror from Toyota in Cardiff.

Offline Rumface #3 on: January 10, 2016, 04:50:23 pm

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
Glad to hear you got it sorted!

That's interesting, my mirrors seem to secret some thick white stuff when it's hot out. Perhaps a similar case.

Offline bren #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:57:30 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
I've had the same stuff come out of mine. must be a factory adhesive I guess. looks like white tack. I'd just assumed that the previous owner had stuck the glass in themselves but obviously not if others have had the same.

Offline Carmadsteve #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:59:21 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Yea I was surprised to see the white gunk coming out of the bottom of mine thinking it was done by a previous owner.
Thanks for the info, need to do one of mine as a previous owner cracked the glass and stuck some sort of hand mirror on top of it 😡