Topic: Polly - The Paseo  (Read 21997 times)

Offline Galliano #75 on: November 22, 2016, 08:40:45 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I've always had a feeling the Azure ones look small in photos... but I feel mine looks lifelike personally.

Offline Prestonpaseo #76 on: November 23, 2016, 02:16:24 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Looking amazing  8)
Mark

Offline Galliano #77 on: November 23, 2016, 09:49:28 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Spoke too soon there Mark, this appears to have happened outside a friends on Monday afternoon. With the bad weather down this way I've been quick to get in and out and haven't noticed it until today when a colleague arrived at work and asked what had happened. I genuinely thought he was joking until I looked...

Offline Prestonpaseo #78 on: November 23, 2016, 10:08:07 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Oh No  :'(
And nobody put a note on your windscreen ....I hope it's not too costly to get sorted

Mark

Offline Galliano #79 on: November 23, 2016, 10:19:26 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Nothing at all. Not even a wet piece of paper unfortunately. I guess in a way it's better that way as it would only be written off if I claimed.

Offline bren #80 on: November 23, 2016, 11:46:44 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Bastards. At least could of left a note, there's more and more selfish drivers on the roads these days. Hope you get her fixed up asap.

Offline Galliano #81 on: November 23, 2016, 05:11:17 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I'd hope they live with guilt from now on. I'll be hopefully receiving cctv footage from a friends neighbour. There's about 6 hours worth of footage I'd have to go through but hopefully I'll catch it.

Offline Galliano #82 on: November 24, 2016, 10:47:42 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I've decided I'd do one of two routes with the old girl. Route No.1, I've been helping out here and there at a bodyshop, cleaning cars, rebuilding cars, mopping cars etc... but the chap hasn't paid me for it yet. Therefore I'm going to see if he would be willing to cut a decent enough deal and tap it out and spray, aswell as a bit of weld on the sill as it is a little soft now.

Alternatively route No.2, I bite the bullet and give it a go myself. And have the sill welded before I apply paint. The car is far from perfect and the front bumper being rattle canned doesn't look too far out of place... but I'll do a proper job of it to ensure its done as good as I can do.

But whilst any work commences, the first of some tidying up has arrived, the front ARB drop links, as noted on the MOT.

Offline Galliano #83 on: November 25, 2016, 11:37:43 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Right... a minor cosmetic update...

I now have the cctv footage from Monday afternoon at the location I believe it was hit, so I'll spend the this evening having a good old watch.

In other news I've given it a small rub down and a coat of paint to stop the metal deteriorating for the time being. Only one coat of each but I do have two days off on the trott next week which I plan to get the car in the garage and do it properly.

Atleast it will stop the metal from rusting slowly. It's far from tidy but it'll do for now. I'm hoping all the other bits I've ordered will arrive over the weekend so by the end of next week I can sort this dent and fit all the bushes.

Offline Galliano #84 on: February 09, 2017, 05:48:35 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
So here's something overdue... ^ that still isn't fixed.

But yesterday I clocked over 189000 miles, and today clocked over 189500. A 647 mile round trip to collect this set of beautiful items.

Personally I feel they look fantastic in a black car. Comfy and soft and no major cracks in the leather either. I've given them a clean up already to remove grubby marks and they've come up a treat.

Offline Lost Cause #85 on: February 09, 2017, 05:57:06 pm

• Paseo Lover
  • Don't break it Bren or you fozzie
    • View Profile
Looks superb, well worth the effort. You seem to be able to source all the hens teeth parts, when will we see some tte wheels?  Lol

Offline Galliano #86 on: February 10, 2017, 12:30:10 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
You'll see them on one of mine before you see them on yours  ;D

Offline Rumface #87 on: February 16, 2017, 08:19:29 pm

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
I had my eyes on that tropicana breaker for a long time! Those things might be the only left!

Good looking out man.

Offline Galliano #88 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:55 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I do know of another set in a similar shade (though  tempted to say more light grey than 'off white' like these) on a low miler near central London. Otherwise yeah I've not come across any like these since the ones with tropicana piping.

Offline Galliano #89 on: March 07, 2017, 12:46:28 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Little update for Polly here,  I set about wiring up the after market foglight to fill the hole in the Cynos bumper,  whilst at it I also fitted my parking sensors.

And whilst rerouting the wiring for the fog, and wiring the sensors to the reverse lights, I decided to do something a little different. Jdm Cynos has the twin sidelight illumination but still only outer lights as a brake. Being I've lost the fog from the inner sections, but have the double filament holders, I've connected them as brake lights too. So in total I have 5 seperate brake lights. If someone hits me now I will lose the plot.

And I've had a few days away of late,  which has seen Polly whisk me up to London,  visit CLDJ of this here parish in Beaconsfield,  then down to Goodwood to have a catch up with Clive, another Paseo owner who I'm in contact with through Facebook.

After cocking about with diversions, I found myself cocking about even more.

I went back down to Goodwood again to catch some test races for historic cars, again meeting Clive there, and on the way home decided to swing by and check out another Paseo I'd heard about in the past. Mine is P630 and the other is P690. Both sold new by Pinewood Toyota of Coulsdon, Surrey. And they both had the grey and black leather too - obviously I've swapped mine for the off-white/cream set.

Sadly the owner wasn't home, but I've popped a note through their door so hopefully they will arrive here on the club soon.

Mileage count on Polly is now 190500.