Topic: RHYS - The Paseo  (Read 17605 times)

Offline Galliano #45 on: February 01, 2014, 11:24:02 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
All will become apparent tomorrow my man.

Offline steed #46 on: February 03, 2014, 10:22:53 am

• Workshop Manager
    • View Profile
it's gone tomorrow and it is not apparent to me. is it apparent to anyone else?  :P

Offline pedz #47 on: February 03, 2014, 11:57:56 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Haha couldnt have said that better

Yea sam wut da fcuk! Get updating!!

Offline Galliano #48 on: January 01, 2015, 03:32:17 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
A little update for those not in the know.

Rhys is currently in a friends garage to be pulled out this month. I will be attempting to clear out my garage soon to accommodate the car, as having 4/5 Paseos in a 2 car driveway household is going to be a bit much.

The plan for the near future for Rhys is to extensively clean. Inside out. I will be removing the seats, carpets and plastics, and cleaning inside and out due to little spiders and all making it their home in he garage. The addition of little odds and sods to make it unique along the way. I'd like to get it insured and mot'd again soon but for now I need to concentrate on my career and potential house move (or move my mum out and stay where I am). So money is tight to insure and run 3 cars.

Long term I'd like to drop a 4efte in it for now with a front mount and slightly larger turbo. Not looking for mental power for the moment, that will come in time no doubt. This being unless I buy a Glanza at a reasonable price that has already been extensively modified mechanically.

I'd like to roll the arches, fit some reasonably wide gold centered BBS alloys with polished lip, but again due to budget that won't be quite yet.

For now it's former glory and little interior additions, there on we will see.

Offline Rumface #49 on: January 02, 2015, 09:10:06 am

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
We're going to need a excessive amount of pictures please  ;D

Offline steed #50 on: January 03, 2015, 06:47:15 pm

• Workshop Manager
    • View Profile
I concur with the previous statement made by the honourable gentlemen above.  ;D

Offline Galliano #51 on: January 03, 2015, 09:48:35 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
As honourable as you both may be, I am unable to get photographs of a car that is currently not near myself. However, as work commences, photos will resume.

Offline Galliano #52 on: June 12, 2015, 12:40:20 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Time to update on Rhys. Nothing has changed. SORN is still in place. I gave him a wash the other day and took it up to the unit I am now part - renting. Maybe we can hold some events here, work days. Bring your tools. Let's play.

Anyway. Poor shot but left outside for the moment whilst the other chap moves his cars around to accommodate. Also have access to a spray booth and a yard for outside breaker storage.

Offline Galliano #53 on: December 12, 2016, 01:45:00 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
An update on Rhys... a short but big one.

The picture above shows the unit where it was stored. Owner of the property has passed away and the guy I sublet from has gone missing. I have never managed to obtain a key to have access, but the land has now been cleared.

I received a letter through the post this weekend that someone has tried to claim ownership of the car, therefore it has now been reported stolen to the police and they will be able to chase up who it was and hopefully it will be recovered. Circumstances for the believed guy who has it are understandable from my point of view, and I'm hoping he's applied in the hope that the owner will come forward so that he can get it out of his way.

However, if this is going to get messy, can everyone please keep an eye out for any parts of this car on ebay, Facebook etc etc and anything that looks suspicious please contact me in due course. I have a photo saved of what it looked like when it was taken there by myself, in the full hope it still looks recognisable!

Stress levels at current are through the roof and way beyond.

Offline Prestonpaseo #54 on: December 12, 2016, 02:52:33 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Sh1t.
I will keep a good look out....l hope that this as a Happy ending.

Mark

Offline Galliano #55 on: December 12, 2016, 05:06:05 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I'm hoping that whoever cleared them out only did this to get us to come forward. I'm pretty sure I'd have seen any movement online with this car so I'm in full hope it's all going to be fine soon. Down side is the reference number isn't showing on the DVLA system yet so the application can't be cancelled yet. It better show soon!

Offline Rumface #56 on: December 13, 2016, 07:35:32 pm

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
Hey man, keep your hopes up you will get it back!

Offline Fozzie #57 on: December 14, 2016, 11:33:15 am

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
Holy shitballs - that's a bit of a curveball mate! Let me know if there's anything  I can help you out with and fingers crossed it gets resolved soon! :/

Offline Galliano #58 on: December 15, 2016, 05:26:33 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Thanks Phil. As you may have seen I've put it on Facebook so can all I am friends with please share. Any parts etc found please get in touch.

Offline Galliano #59 on: February 16, 2017, 11:18:33 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
OK so contrary to my previous beliefs, I've actually got Rhys back!

However not without damage. But the front lip is an easy sort even just with touch up paint...

However the rear bumper is pretty bad. How a bumper could get some severed I've no idea.

And the interior is in a right state, with an awful smell too.

So the big clean up starts!

First thing to do is eliminate a large niggle... an irritating rattle and I can't put my finger on what it was. First off airbox wasn't bolted down - I infact left it that way when it went into storage, so with that bolted down I started sniffing around the engine bay.

Noticeable issue No.1. No coolant in the reserve tank. Bloody hell.

Noticeable issue No.2. No locking wheel nut key left inside the car.. so I'll have to get friendly with a welder.

Noticeable issue No.3. Idle when warm is just above 1500rpm. I'd imagine this is an Idle Control Valve issue... but an issue that still needs sorting.

Noticeable issue No.4. Battery is secured, badly, with a shoddy bungee cable. How can this even pass an MOT?? It's not in any way shape or form secure.

Noticeable issue No.5. Power steering fluid leak.

And sorting the airbox still hasn't solved the rattle. Bugger. Although I've not had a good sort out of the car yet, nor a daylight poke about underneath. That'll come next week I imagine. Probably at the same time the interior comes out for a damn good scrubbin'.