Topic: Welcome To UK Paseo Club *NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ*  (Read 27052 times)

Offline Dan #15 on: November 07, 2013, 10:13:27 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dan
Citro├źn DS4 DSport THP 200

Offline Galliano #16 on: November 07, 2013, 10:23:15 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Welcome Kieran. That was me that popped a leaflet on your car, I'm from Taunton just down the A358 from where I saw you. Il be passing again over the weekend if you're still doen this way? I'll pm you my number.

Offline CalReece #17 on: January 30, 2014, 03:22:17 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I've owned my Paseo since 2012 before passing my, test practicing in the car between official lessons. I've driven it now for almost a year since passing my test and it's been great, never giving any problems. I fitted the usual new Head unit and a modest bass unit in the boot and it sounds great. The car is white and when we first bought it (it was a part ex at a dealer) the paint had dulled right off but a good session with compound and a good polish brought her up a treat. I bought some 16" alloys to replace the standard steel wheels with trims (it's not an ST) and have been driving it like that since.

So 10,000 miles later and a couple of oil changes and air filter changes it's really not missed a beat and passed one MOT OK. However over the miles she has developed a smoking habit, particularly if left ticking over for a while which is exactly what they did when it went for another MOT recently at my local garage so they aborted the test to save me some money as they didn't think it would pass.

So now I have a problem, it starts and runs fine, the bodywork is all solid brakes, clutch, gears all fine interior is fine but I'm not sure what to do with her.

The smoking habit could be down to worn valve stem seals or could be oil control rings. But as I say it starts and runs fine it has covered about 111,000.

So I either have to say goodbye and find another Paseo or look at either fixing or swapping out the engine... a rebuild with starlet turbo head would be nice but I'd never get it insured unless it was for track use only..

In the meantime I'm looking at it on the drive wondering what to do.... so have to make up my mind soon..

I'll post some pictures in one of the other threads soon,

Cal

Offline Galliano #18 on: January 30, 2014, 05:38:41 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I have to admit I've not seen many past 100k that doesn't burn oil. But mine too smokes a bit. I get the impression that it is mixture between a bit of oil usage but also the cold weather. I also have an idea to try with mine (in the next few weeks actually) to replace the catalytic converter. It might be that it is just running a bit rich too. Anyway if you feel the need to get rid I could be interested as I want to start looking for a project anyway. Give me a shout.

Sam

Offline CalReece #19 on: January 31, 2014, 02:31:20 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hi Sam,

I thought I'd give a good wash today as I have a day off and take some photos, I'll post a new thread and maybe we can have a chat after you have seen it.

thanks

Cal

Offline paseo calv #20 on: February 09, 2014, 03:07:39 pm

• Paseo Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi all just joined, My names Calvin, I live in Carlisle which is up in the north I am looking to sell my Paseo st its in blue, on a P plate has a P***UNK number plate looks really good, covered only 94000 miles and goes really well, one or two scratches and scuffs here and there, also drivers door handle has snapped only half of it left on but its not a problem to open the door still, all in all the Toyota`s in good nick, I am living in Carlisle, The Paseo has Tax until the end of April and MOT until mid March but the car will pass another without any problems as i had all Advisorys done a few months ago which included new brakes all round, new rear bearings and a new rear exhaust box so the car is sound mechanically, Sad to see the Toyota go as i have become attached to her, But as i have been given a new car from a family member a bigger car with 4 doors which is what i need for the family the Paseo has to go to a new home  :)

Offline steed #21 on: March 11, 2014, 12:04:03 pm

• Workshop Manager
    • View Profile

Offline ste372 #22 on: June 28, 2014, 02:59:29 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
hi just joined today for anyone looking for a spoiler the subaru impreza  low level spoiler fits from a gc8 model (93-2000) we fitted this spoiler to my dads which in turn was handed down to me. these spoilers tend to go for peanuts as all the impreza owners want the high level sti spoilers...

just a thought as i would imagine paseo spoilers fetch a premium second hand