Topic: Nice paseo  (Read 2383 times)

Offline bren on: January 02, 2020, 03:23:11 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
Having seen my old paseo for sale, I went to see her. She's looking a bit sorry for herself and the seller is asking too much for the price and condition. I'd love to have her back but I don't want to pay top whack for it when it needs rust repair among other things. With that being said, I would love to be back in a paseo
 Does anyone have one for sale? Modified would be great........ Thanks. Bren.

Offline Galliano #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:53:58 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Going by his ad, I'd say hes looking to get shot fairly quick. Most will need a bit of work now I think. I'd offer 6 for it and no more than 7 to pay. The rust repairs will be cheaper than you'd first think, what else needs doing?

Failing that I intend on chucking a bit of money at the Galliano I picked up some 8 months ago, getting a ticket on it and selling on. It'll probably be February before I do though.

Offline bren #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:54:32 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
I could get on board with a galliano... Let me know when you are sorted with it please mate. I thought exactly the same price wise, and offered 600. It was a flat out no, but he'd only had it for sale a day. I would pay 700 so I'll leave him stewing a week or so and ask again. Other bits that need doing, the boot badge has been snapped off. How this ever happens is beyond me and I guess they are like hens teeth now. And just generally needs tidying, it hasn't been that well looked after by the look of it, that annoyed me the most as I really took car of her. He reckons it's had a 1.3 rolla engine put in, but I think he's been lied to. Still drives really well, everything is tight and there's no nocks or bangs..... I was far too hasty selling up....

Offline Galliano #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:07:59 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
You can actually pick up boot badges from Toyota, around 100 iirc. I'd be wary if he things a 1.3 has been put in... why would you do that? I assume then the engine bay all looks the same and untouched since you had it?

I'll keep you posted on the Galliano front. It's far from perfect but a little love and it'll be a worthy investment.

Offline bren #4 on: January 03, 2020, 12:37:07 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
thanks sounds good. its probably better than my old one currently sits to be honest. yeah i dont know why you would. he said the previous owner blew the old engine. it looked the same from what i remember, even has the same mushroom air filter on it. am i right in thinking that the 5efe only comes in 1.5 form, not 1.3? 100 is a tad steep, but it would be worth it as a finishing touch.

Offline Galliano #5 on: January 03, 2020, 04:57:47 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I'm not sure about that, however I'm in the belief that being one of only 8 left, it's worth putting some money into for years to come.

The 5efe is a 1.5, only found in the Paseo here. The 1.3 is a 4efe fitted to the Starlet and the bug eye Corolla (1997-2000 or so). If it has the 1.3 I would imagine it'll have the more rounded inlet manifold. It's either that or he was told it's a Corolla inlet on it and took that that it has the Corolla engine.

Well worth for a finishing touch for sure. I managed to score a brand new one fitted to a car I bought, so I quickly got that fitted to my Galliano.

Offline bren #6 on: January 03, 2020, 05:41:37 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
well that pretty much settles it then. it didnt have the tubular manifold, which i realised at the time but didnt want to say as i wasnt certain if toyota mixed and matched at any point. and im 90% sure it had the 5efe sticker on! so i think hes been sold a pack of lies. on the plus side, its still the original engine which is a big plus. this just gives me more bargaining ammo  :) would i be able to get a badge from any toyota dealer? you certainly seem to unearth all the little gems.

Offline Galliano #7 on: January 03, 2020, 09:11:59 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I can't imagine it's got a 4e. If it has, it'll be the first I've heard of a 4e running a 5e inlet manifold. Ofcourse, if it swaps one way nothings to say it doesn't swap the opposite.

I can only assume so. Mine was had from a dealer around Cardiff/Newport, and Clive down in Selsey got one for his Paseo at a local dealer to him. I'm running out of second hand good ones so I think I may keep hold of my stock for the foreseeable.

I personally think you'll kick yourself for not buying yours back. Didn't you have a retrim and everything on it? All hes done is poorly photograph externally but nothing interior or engine wise.

Offline bren #8 on: January 04, 2020, 10:41:43 am

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
yeah i did do a retrim. was fairly costly, i just didnt envisage selling and then i did! lol. got some silly ideas in my head and went with it. i still dont know why. anyway, lets hope i get it back. is there no way i could twist your arm into selling me one? ;) even a not so good one would be better than none.

Offline Galliano #9 on: January 04, 2020, 01:21:27 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Like I say, I've got this Galliano going in a month or so. Needs a bit of work and an MOT. Other than that, the rest of the fleet are staying as they are for the time being.

Offline bren #10 on: January 04, 2020, 02:00:21 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
thats fair enough mate. what work needs doing to the galliano?

Offline Galliano #11 on: January 05, 2020, 01:28:27 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
The brakes are... awful. Idles high due to being sat around. Paintwork needs a buffing again, again due to being stood. The alloys are original with no centres, but sprayed black. Rear bumper could do with replacement and/or paint. Steering wheel isn't straight as previous owner had an OMP wheel on and took no care in fitting the wheel straight again. Will also need an MOT.

Offline bren #12 on: January 05, 2020, 02:09:46 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
sounds like its just a few minor things really. i havent been in touch with the guy who is selling mine since i went to see it so im not sure what hes thinking. ill leave it a bit longer i think. you never know, i may well be a buyer for you. although you are a fair old drive from me...

Offline Galliano #13 on: January 05, 2020, 03:54:02 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Considering I've done regular drives to Doncaster, it's nothing in a Paseo. The next month or so will be a quiet one at work so I'll have a little time spare to sort some odd bits myself. However anything that needs money thrown at it will have to wait, due to being paid by the job and not the hour. Either way it'll be sold on once finished anyway. I'll be moving it soon so I'll get a running video etc for you too.

Offline bren #14 on: January 05, 2020, 05:16:39 pm

• Paseo Lover
    • View Profile
sounds good mate thanks.