Topic: The Next UK Paseo Club Meet  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Galliano on: August 02, 2018, 02:25:25 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Hello all!

Apologies for the lack of input from me lately, I've been quite a busy man! But now I'm back in full swing of things it's about time we arranged a meet. I'm thinking around the area of end of September/early October. However I would like your input on both dates and location.

Further to Conrads suggestion of maybe Weston-Super-Mare or something similarly located, it wouldn't be a bad idea - there's quite a few of us more southerly located, and infact I'd probably be able to talk my mum into bringing hers along for once as it's quite close. This being said, I'd feel bad on those further north if it were located closer to me.

So, answers on a postcard as they say, where would you like to see it based, and when would work best for everyone?

Weekend dates ofcourse, most likely look at a Saturday however Sunday may work better for most.

Offline Kokoro #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:06:59 pm

• Paseo Member
  • this is personal text
    • View Profile
    • kokorolibrary.net
I took some pictures last month that have Weston in them, if anyone would like to know what it looks like from across the water.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl-6GgmAbPe/

Weston gets busy on weekends.  The waterfront is impossible to park on unless you go on a week day in my experience:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3f1eowxGBNo6WdxL8
my long gone RVR space runner on the promenade there.

I have been thinking of visiting The Classic Motor Hub near Ablington and Bibury: https://classicmotorhub.com/
Other car groups hold meetings there.  I believe they have a café but I cant find reference to it at the moment.
Being near Bibury I have been tempted to go to stop my Tropicana Paseo on "Awkward Hill" where the yellow Corsa owner had so much trouble a few years ago..... it would be a great picture.

How about Bourton on the water?  Theres a motor museum there I want to visit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:11:50 pm by Kokoro »

Offline Galliano #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:52:46 am

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Good call on both of those, as I'd be interested in both. The museum in Bourton on water is brilliant, a proper aladdins cave of all sorts of automobilia. The only trouble would be where we can park there.

Offline CLDJ #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:06:54 pm

• Paseo Member
    • View Profile
Hi Galliano, hi everyone.  I am happy to make a trip further south - or in the case of Weston, further west (I'm in Beaconsfield, the pride of pot-hole heaven).  How about the Mendips region?  There are so many possibilities (Avebury, Marlborough, New Forest, the Downs) that we could go on quoting towns forever, so maybe we ought to think of car parks first to get a suitable location.  Anybody know a good cheap car park!?
Re dates, I only have a couple of completely free weekends, so if you go ahead and arrange something, I'll do my best to fit in.

Offline Galliano #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:58:18 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
Hi Galliano, hi everyone.  I am happy to make a trip further south - or in the case of Weston, further west (I'm in Beaconsfield, the pride of pot-hole heaven).  How about the Mendips region?  There are so many possibilities (Avebury, Marlborough, New Forest, the Downs) that we could go on quoting towns forever, so maybe we ought to think of car parks first to get a suitable location.  Anybody know a good cheap car park!?
Re dates, I only have a couple of completely free weekends, so if you go ahead and arrange something, I'll do my best to fit in.

I have mentioned new forest before and it didn't seem to have a great reception, I think down to the fact it's so far from those pesky northerners. However, it would be a great place for photos and carparks. I know a few spots around the beaulieu area that are perfect.

Offline Rumface #5 on: August 04, 2018, 10:16:40 am

• Events Staff
  • Toyota Paseo ST 97'
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, more than happy to travel! I'm free most weekends so any time is fine with me!

Offline Japthroughandthrough #6 on: August 04, 2018, 05:18:30 pm

• Paseo Member
  • My Paseo is my forever car
    • View Profile
Hello all

I'm happy to go with the flow, coast or Bourton on the water would ge great. The coast woukd ge better to get all the cars together on the beach.

It will be great to get together again soon.

Conrad

Offline Fozzie #7 on: August 06, 2018, 07:18:26 pm

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
I'm flexible - I am on holiday at the end of September, so I can't do the weekends of 22nd/23rd or 29th/30th, but otherwise I don't have much preference on dates.

My Toyota won't be on the road, but I can borrow another, ride passenger or just drive the Astra. It'd be nice to see everyone any which way!

Offline Galliano #8 on: August 07, 2018, 12:05:10 pm

• Administrator
  • Serial Paseo Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • UK Paseo Club
I'm flexible - I am on holiday at the end of September, so I can't do the weekends of 22nd/23rd or 29th/30th, but otherwise I don't have much preference on dates.

My Toyota won't be on the road, but I can borrow another, ride passenger or just drive the Astra. It'd be nice to see everyone any which way!

I'm sure I can find you something to drive Sir Philip. Not like I'm short of cars.

Offline Fozzie #9 on: August 08, 2018, 07:56:40 pm

• Paseo Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Fozzie's Silver EL54
I'm sure I can find you something to drive Sir Philip. Not like I'm short of cars.

Sounds like a plan, cheers sweetcheeks!